The list is in not in chronological order. If I find spare time, the features best fitting the spare time will be picked.
- Mouse-over your equipment to view the stats.
- Show item graphics when vieweing other players character stats.
2018. Sep. 29
- About 4 months have passed since the Epic Idle Quest was first announced on reddit/incremental_games. Re-promoting a game is allowed every 3 months. So i decided to do so.
- A lot of new players have visited the game since yesterday and I wish everyone happy idling!
- Since already new suggesitons are coming in I decided it is time to revive the ToDo-List ontop of the news, so people can see if a proposal is already planned.
2018. Sep. 15
- I'm happy to announce some recent game changes:
- From now on you can view another players character by just clicking in the "Who's On?" or "Hall of Fame" seciton.
- Changed the way prefix and suffix are calculated with the base value:
- Now prefix and suffix are added, result divided by 2 and that value is multiplied with the base value
- This will most likely lead to make your current equipment pretty much useless for your level.
- But everyone should see a lot upgrades incoming the next few days.
- In return we'll most likely see no more items equiped like "EPIC Fire Sword of RUSTYNESS
- Removed camelcase writing style of items/monsters and inserted some spaces. An example: [OrcSoldier] -> [Orc Soldier].
- Changed "Hall of Fame" to only show the top 2.000 instead of 5.000 players to reduce loading time.
- If you (dis)like any of the changes, feel free to give me some feedback via the discord server or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018. Aug. 31
- Am sorry that I haven't found any time lately to work on the EpicIdleQuest. My new job at the university is just demanding too much time.
- On the other side hosting the server for 7.50€ a month seems like peanuts now.
- As a consequence I decided to remove all adds an all mining stuff.
- Probably this will attract some people, as one can see that nearly everyday there seem to be a bunch of new players online.
- Finally I must say thank you to everyone playing this game. Seeing theres people still playing, which started on the first day just makes me happy. Thank you!
- And rest assured, as this is my first web-game project. The server will stay online for the next decades.
2018. Jun. 21
- Exp is no longer capped at the maximum Exp of LVL1 enemies. However the increase is only small and non-linear (as in LVL1).
- Heres some pseudo-code and an explanation for the new calculation:
- if (enemyLevel > 1): expGain = maxExpLevel1 + (enemyLevel - 1) * maxExpLevel1) / 10 + regularExpLevel1 / 10;
- Now the explanation. For simplicity lets assume the maximum Exp in Level1 (maxExpLevel1) was not 932, but 1000:
- If you kill an enemy in Level5, which would yield 500 Exp in Level1:
- Before the update you would simply gain 1000 Exp.
- Now you gain 1000 + 400 + 50 = 1450.
2018. Jun. 05
- Fixed a bug with the lootlog which appeared when an enemy dropped a worthful (Nice!) loot and additionally another loot.
2018. May. 28
- If you close this website or make the tab inactive, your character now keeps playing up to 3 hours. Your gains while being offline will be calculated when you relog.
- A summary of your offline time, your exp gains and your loot will be shown in the log when you relog.
- This feature is in experimental stage. If you see bugs please report them to klaus.strohmenger1988(at)gmail(dot).com or the approriate discord channel.
2018. May. 23
- Implemented 5 new weapons designed by Losain. Great work dude!
- Implemented 2 new backgrounds designed by Sinstrite. Thank you too dude!
- Implemented 1 new Boss dedicated to my girlfriend.
- Changed the spawn of the mobs so that the higher you come in one level, the less monsters spawn from the beginning of the level. In the first days you might not reach your current max tick. The intend of this change is to avoid high level players running around with BrokenSticks, BrokenSwords, RobinHats and Capes.
2018. May. 4
- If your [longest time alive] is now above 6.000. Your starting spawn after death is now [longest time alive] - 3.000 instead of [longest time alive] / 2.
- Changed the Min-Damage-Reduction-Formular from (level/8 + Armor/8) to (level/4 + Armor/8).
- This way your Min-Damage-Reduction gets slightly more upgrades even if you do not find new gear.
- May the 4th be with you!
2018. May. 3
- Changed mining average time from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Added 1.000 seperator to mob-info at the bottom left of the game screen.
2018. Apr. 28
- Changed the way LVL2 enemies spawn. Now the transition from LVL1 to LVL2 should be much smoother and not like hitting a wall.
2018. Apr. 27
- Donators are now highlighted.
- Changed the way LVL2 enemies values (HP, Exp, Damage) are calculated.
- Changed the way LVL2 items values are calculated.
- With the new calculations, also lower items, like [leather cap], but with LVL2 are valuable now.
2018. Apr. 26
- Reduced enemies max damage by a little bit, since lvl2 seems too hard. Note that adjustments have to be done in small steps, since it would be unfair for newer players if things were made too easy for a small amount of time only.
- Mining rate is now doubled. So e.g. 10% people mining means 120% EXP and DROP rate (experimental for now).
2018. Apr. 24
- When refreshing the page now you lose -50 ticks.
- When you die, you now start at [longest time alive] / 2.
- Enemy level and item level is now also displayed in the loot log.
- Renamed "Highscores" into "Hall Of Fame".
- Backgrounds now change randomly. This is so there is still backgrounds changing once your minimum [time alive] is above 600 (currently 6 backgrounds) when you die and revive.
2018. Apr. 23 - Evening
- There was a bug, which displayed the false calculated value for items LVL2. The bug was only with displaying false info, calculations on the server side were fine. This is fixed now and the right value should now be displayed.
2018. Apr. 23
- Adjusted minimum Damage reduction formula to now also include a portion of the armor. You should see some instant advancements concerning how long your character survives.
- Your items total calculated value is now displayed in the "My Character" and "Search Character" section.
2018. Apr. 18
- The amount of players mining to help cover the server costs now gives everyone online something in exchange. The more people mine, the higher the EXP and DROP rates. If noone mines, it will stay as always.
2018. Apr. 17
- Removed ads. They only pulled approximatly 0.5$ per day, which is not worth the uglyness.
- In exchange a checkbox was introduced, which you can check/uncheck to enable/disable monero cryptocurrency mining. I've tuned CPU load pretty much down as possible. I'll keep you informed if this method covers the costs for the server.
2018. Apr. 15
- Game now auto reloads the page on update.
- Also the chance for better suffixes at item drops was Increased. Now a "epicness" (10.0) is as likely as devectiveness (0.1). The prefix however still has a tiny chance for epic (10.0) as always.
- Fixed the bug which allowed illegal Character IDs through client side code modifications.
2018. Apr. 14
- Your loot log now shows which item got replaced by the better looted one.
- Changed Max Damage from ((level + weaponDmg + 5) / 2) to ((level + weaponDmg + 10) / 2), so fresh players have a faster start the first enemies.
2018. Apr. 13
- Qualitiy of life !!! [Time alive] is now saved between sessions. Happy page reloading ;-)
- Qualitiy of life !!! [Exp next] Level is now shown.
- Corrected some typos.
2018. Apr. 12 - Afternoon
- Bosses have now double HP for their level range instead of taking only half the damage
- Changed loot log to your locale time.
- There was a bug which prevented the loot log to be updated when the checkbox was ticked. This is fixed now.
- Lowered text size of character stats a bit so hopefully everything fits now without messing the table.
2018. Apr. 12
- With the players going above 5000+ there was a problem with server not finishing loading all Player data before players already started connecting.
- This lead for many players to be recreated and overwrite there actual save game with a fresh one.
- The problem is fixed now.
- But unfortunatly I had to restore the backup from yesterday morning.
- As compensation the DROPRATE of all items will be DOUBLED today.
- I'm sorry for the inconvenience
2018. Apr. 11
- As many asked for and suggested for building a place for a community. Heres the discord channel (see navigation bar).
2018. Apr. 10
- Added loot log filter to only show Nice! loot as many asked for.
- Facebook page opened.... like, like, share, like, share,... ;-P
2018. Apr. 07
- Unfortunatly there was a problem which lead for many players to unsaved progress. Been working all night (currenty 4:45 PM) on the issue of lost progress. Problem seems to be fixed now. I am really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. For feedback and help contact me at email@example.com
2018. Apr. 06
- Increased possible name change to length 14.
- Requesting a recovery key now displays it so you can copy it.
- Game is now in Beta status. This means no more further server resets are planned.
- Adjusted Damage done by enemies and by player. Each divided by 2.
2018. Apr. 05
- Renamed Enemies.
- Adjusted all Enemies Exp and HP.
- Added Bosses. Bosses have better drop chances but receive less damage.
- Renamed most items.
- Adjusted items stats.
- Adjusted chance for item qualities. Medium qualitiy is now more likely.
2018. Apr. 03
- Added more backgrounds.
- Backgrounds now change on [Time alive] each 100 ticks.
- Background color now depends on your [Live]. Lower health -> more red.
- Adjusted Level-Formular for faster advances.
- Adjusted [Damage reduction] formular. Now more damage is absorbed.
2018. Mar. 28
- FINALLY implemented all 931 different enemies :D.
- Aaaand.... all 371 items.
- Aaaand... implemented [Arm] stat for all items except weapons.
- Now comes the balancing part.
- Server reset was needed.
2018. Mar. 25
- Replaced 16x16 pixel tile with 32x32 pixel tiles. Items and Enemys.
- Now featuring ~12 enemys and ~15 items for demonstration.
- Enemy strength now depends on [Time alive].
2018. Mar. 24
- New website design. Hope you like it.
- Added player live.
- Added enemy damage.
- Added time alive.
2018. Mar. 23
- Sadly the CipSoft GmbH (owner of the game Tibia) decided that this Website goes beyond a Tibia Fansite, which i can understand in some points. Consequently i have to exchange all Tibia content.
- What you see here now is just some demonstration code testing for new graphic assets. At the moment theres only ~5 creatures and ~10 different items. In the end there will be 900+ creatures and 500+ items.
- Please understand that this will take some time. I ll have to make up everything from scratch including creature names, hitpoints, experience, item names, items drop chances, item stats, etc... But I ll do it !!! Stay tuned!
- Inventing all 900+ and 500+ items from scratch does really need some time for balancing. So I am sad to announce... there will be ALOT of server resets... AGAIN :-(
2018. Mar 19
- Implemented HTTPS for secure connections.
- Server reseted. From now on there won't be any further resets!
- Finally VERY BIG THANKS for everyone taking part in the Alpha test. It helped alot !!!
2018. Mar. 18
- Implemented shields. Shields have half of Tibias original defense value as base value. If you loot a two handed weapon which's damage is higher than your one handed weapon + shield, then you equip the new two handed weapon and your shield will become inactive then. If you then loot a one handed weapon which, together with your inactive shield, is better than your equiped two handed weapon, you will equip the new one handed weapon and your shield will be activated.
- Also reduced the weapons suffix impact to 1/10 for balancing.
2018. Mar. 16 - Evening
- Implemented character search (see navigation bar) to view others' equipment. Convience by clicking on the names in the "Who's on?" and "Highscores" section will be added a some time later.
2018. Mar. 16
- Dunno why, but somehow i mixed up what month we have in the news headings. Fixed.
- 2 more backgrounds added.
- Valuable loot is now highlighted green in the lootlog
- Unfortunatly I was ddosing myself with some error in the client code. LOL xD.
- The error was corrected ALOT more players at the same time should now be possible. Therefore lowered the game-tick-time back to 1.75.
2018. Mar. 15
- Implemented a loot log to the "My Character" section. Everytime an item drops it will be logged. So even after hours of not watching the game you can now clearly see what you've gained.
- Additionally, instead of linking a character with google-account, I decided to implement a receovery key feature (bottom at "My Character"). This way no one is forced to have a google account and to use it here.
- IMPORTANT: Get your recovery key as fast as possible. When HTTPS is implemented, your browser will think this is a new domain and automatically generate a new character. So make sure to get your recovery key as fast as possible.
- The (hopefully) only server reset now will take place when the game goes beta status.
2018. Mar. 13
- Set the game tick-time from 1.5 seconds to 2.0 second to save CPU-Load. Therefore game progress will be slowed down by 1/3. The test server hardware is currently an old notebook, which should handle now 30 players at a time.
- Don't worry. Before moving on to beta phase and promoting the webiste, the server will be moved to stronger hardware, where 200+ players should be possible even without further optimization.
2018. Mar. 11
- Finally got to a point to where the website works and put the Server online for alpha testing, hurrrayyy!!! 😄😄😄
- Everbody is invited to take part in this test. For bugs / feedback / help, please see the e-mail adress in the "impressum" section. Please understand that server resets will happen until at least beta status.